Friday, June 7, 2013

#KeepingupwiththeKRaKen

Letter Numero 3

Ola familia e amigos!


let's give a couple shout outs to begin.... S/O to Martison coming to the MTC tomorrow! AHH so excited, I will see you all at 1245 :) S/O to my girl Kim Kardashian for having a GIRL!! so happy for her :) S/O to Jess Reeder for keeping me updated on ALL celebrity gossip including amanda bynes and david beckham haha it was perfect. keep it comin' S/O to the family for the last package! my district obviously L O V E D it and we already ate all the candy.... and enough with the fruit snacks!  and S/O to Papa Dumas for his novels. literally I could publish all of your letters. they are amzing, Eu t'ama, Obrigada. and S/O to the handwritten and dear elders i got this week. Especially from Yum Yum. she is the best Asian there ever was. but seriously I LOVE MAIL so keep it comin erry one!
Also Dennis told me to make sure I'm using good language in my emails for the older people reading these...... sorry bout it, just tryna keep em hip and with the times #youllthankmelater
 
 thanks to dennis greg martis and tay way who write me off the hook. p.s. being a sister rocks, we get $8 every wednesday and the elders only get $6..... #manyarecalledbutfewaresisters
 
Dad you wrote me and asked if i was driving sis hancock crazy and that she probably never danced..... WRONG. A. she loves me and B. go to lds.org and check out the Laie Hawaii temple cultural celebration to see her debut.. with braces... HAHA don't worry she's the only white girl so she's easy to spot, she's in it twice. Elder Zaccaria always reinacts it and we always relate everything back to that. it's so dumb, but everything in the empty sea is funny to us. So she is often MTC famous anytime a district watches that everyone recognizes her and asks her about it, it's so funny.
 
Oh boy. Volleyball. I just need to tell you, the caliber of people we play volleyball with has really gone down since Elder Bowden hurt his ankle and Harp and Manley's district is now in the mission field. I'm about the best one on the court now.... and thats not saying much. it is so fun though. The best part is this typical red head glasses nerdy elder who no matter what, EVERY single time he hits the ball... double fist punch. every. single. time. the ball goes flying all different directions. rarely ever makes it in the bounds. it's such a joke, but it's so funny. even when he serves, throws it up, ultimate punches it across the court. we've all had little talks with him, but he continues to double fist punch the crap out of the poor ball. and i continue to laugh because it's still funny
 
This week our sister training leaders got reassigned cause they haven't gotten their visas to brazil. You think you're done saying bye to everyone when you get dropped off at the curb.. nope. Bye, bye , bye by N*Sync is my new theme song. but as we're talking about visas... This week me and sister Hancock got to take a field trip alllll the way toooo........ Taylorsville. it was the BEST! we had to go there and get my fingerprints re-taken... again... but it was perfect. I was SO sick of studying and getting so distracted, but then we got to leave for a couple hours and do that, #tendermercies and when we got back i receieved my package and i was SO happy!
 
 
Our district has been going a little stir crazy lately so we have had to devise a few ways to keep us entertained, while the sisters were diligently studying this week, me and a couple elders set up 2 chairs that have like padding on the seats and would bounce an almond joy off of them and every time we threw it we had to say a word in Portugues. Haha Oh the language is coming along..... this week Elder Bowden prayed to please become "mulher" at something..... well he was trying to say please help us become better at something.... and Melhor = better but mulher = women so he prayed that we would all become women. hahahaha so funny.
 
 
S/O to Elder Zaccaria for teaching us about "regacoes" a.k.a Laps on the rolling chairs/desks around the hallways when we get tired. I have taken plenty of regacoes this week. me and sister Hancock even did our companionship inventory over a few regacoes.. i feel like I am literally living the plot to "the Best 2 Years" movie, because during companionship inventory she asked me to stop saying "frick"........ aye yi yi. it's been a struggle.
 
My favorite part about the MTC (besides getting mail and the hottie teachers) is when we practice teaching... but not at the TRC or with our progressing investigators, cause those are planned out and hard, but in class we watch these things from New York Times called "One in a Million" *everyonecheckthemout if i were home i could sit there and watch them all day. it's just a million like 2 minute videos about one person and their life. So we watch one of those and then teach each other one on one as if they are that person and really focus on teaching to our investigators needs and because it's one on one i don't have Sister Hancocks fluent Portuguese to bail me out. i have to really rely on the spirit. it's so cool and gets me SO excited to actually be doing this in Portugal.
 
This Sunday for fast Sunday... yes you guessed it, no blueberry muffins :( but also it was so cool to be in fast and testimony meeting and hear everyone bear their testimonies in Portuguese. I also set a goal to finish the Book of Mormon by the time I leave the MTC.. 3 weeks, that's like 23 pages a day, and even with all the study time i get, it's still tough. but I am already half way through 2 Nephi and it's only my 3rd day! It is so cool how Nephi could testify of Christopher Columbus, The Revolutionary War, Joseph Smith, and the Restoraion, 600 years before Christ was even born and all in the first 50 pages! You read that and then tell me Joseph Smith wasn't a true prophet. Picture Boston or Jaxon who are around the age that Joseph Smith was when he restored the gospel, (14) but picture one of them, having almost no education and then "making up" the Book of Mormon plus a whole religion around it that is still standing and still growing 200 years later.. the church is TRUE. Eu SEI que O Livro de Mormon e verdadeira e Joseph Smith foi um profeta chamado por Deus a restaurado Ele evangelho a terra.
 

I love you all, and can't wait to see the fam tomorrow. the church is true. I am SO happy. I love my mission. until next week..
XOXO
Sister Dumas 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment