Sunday, January 26, 2014

Transfers......


Jan 20 at 4:27 AM
I survived. 
here we go ROUND 4 in Coimbra. To say that I am happy would be an understatement.
I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am happier than Greg at a Lakette competition. I am happier than Dennis is when she's Facebook stalking people. I am happier than Morgan is now that she's engaged..... p.s. Congrats. I am happier than Lacee in PINK. I am happier than Kaylee Cannon was when Cheney finally answered her phone calls (or how happy we were when we both saw Jedediah in the flesh), I am happier than Elder Sorensen gets when I make oreo balls, I am happier than Dejon was when he scored Kaylee's number, I am happier than Brady and Jake when they get to watch Fired Up, I am happier than Koda gets swingin the bucket, I am happier than Michael Harvey at Crossfit. I am happier than Hannah Mack battling with My b@d kr3w. I am happier than Syd gets when she's with Kita. I am happier than Megan Bell getting her letter from her future husband Elder Maughan ;) I am happier than Jodis and her Downton Abby. I am happier than Azevedo when she eats breakfast or talks about her rich california friends. I am happier than Martison is when she's sleeping. I am happier than Elder Lopes throwin up a West Side.  I am happier than the Sblauren gettin it at Friendsgiving. Also happier than the amount of potatoes we had there, which was a LOT. truth is, I am SO HAPPY.

and to top it all off I'm startin out week 13 with Sister Azevedo..... If anyone has games to play on the street or funny jokes or something, please help a sista out. We're running out of things to talk about and we've burned through every subject.. twice. Just think to yourself: what would you talk to some random chick about for 18 weeks straight??
But seriously i am sooo happy, excited, pumped, grateful, hungry, all of the above.

This week we got a phone call from the Elders in Amadora, who are teaching this awesome family... they gave US a reference for the mom's sister.. (finally we get a reference) All the info we get is that she's black, from Angola and named Renee, and she might be insterested. okay awesome all the black people are elect and easier to contact but Renee... that's kinda hard to say with a Portuguese accent.. Try making a hhhcckk (gutteral sound.. i think) while rolling the R and saying Renee. Yeah that's tough stuff. 
So this week we hop on the bus out to Condeixa, (which is our little side town we started up and only work in once a week so we don't have many investigators out there) go to meet this family.... get a little lost, grab a taxi... it stops in front of this house with a white Portuguese lady out front and we're both like yeahhh uhh i dont think this is it. Turns out it is, Renee just actually isn't black. but that's fine because she is so ELECT. wait not just her but her whole family! Her and her husband is João and her daughters are Beatriz who's 13 and Diana who's 8. i mean i don't mean to get ahead of myself, but that's one for primary, beehives, elders quorom and relief society. no to mention they have their own car! (need more members with cars!!) and the best part is, they are SO prepared!! We taught the first lesson and applied it to their personal issues, it went so good and they promised to read and pray as a family :)  
So we called thema couple days after to see how they were doing (during the death days.... I'll get to those here in a bit..)  but they read and prayed and said they felt the spirit and were so excited for us to come back!! They couldn't come to church because Renee only gets one sunday off  of work a month, but that is this week and she will be there! and João was gonna come by himself with the girls, but then the daughter had a basketball game... don't worry we'll teach Sabbath Day this week and that won't be a problem again. They are SOOO great!

Remember how last week we passed all those elect people to the Zone Leaders?? yeah they ALL came to church yesterday and one of them, Nuno, he's 21, we contacted him on New Years Eve, and all his background information about Mormons comes from that episode of South Park ... well we taught him the first and second lesson before realizing where he lives and passing him to the elders, but Sorensen called us this week to tell us that they marked him and he is getting baptized on Saturday!! 

crap my ZL's say:
"thanks for the reference sisters we taught Nuno the first lesson tonight and he understood everything!!"...... yeah thanks elder, remember how we taught him that 2 days ago? I would hope I can get the message of the restoration across by now...  

for the rest of the week... the death days. I think my journal entry explains it best.
"I've been locked in this bathroom all night trying to figure out how to kill myself with the rusty hanger that is holding up the toilet seat. this bathroom is disgusting." 
yeah i was locked in the bathroom with a fever for 3 days. My girl Elisabeta hooked it up with chicken noodle soup, ice cream and bread. but the elders...

"hey sisters do you need anything? yeah call us if you need anything. Except ice cream. you don't get that." -Elder Morse.... what the freak do you eat when you're sick elder morse??

BAD NEWS. Elder Morse was transferred, which is actually only bad news for the Crap my ZL's say to me line of the week i tried to start out... but we'll see if Sorensen and this new Cape Verdean can keep it up. 

Well it's been real. in the words of our beloved Elder Bickley's weekly emails.. "life's a garden.. dig it." 
xoxoxoxox  
Sister Dumas 
OR as one of the many ways Elder Harris addressed me in my bye bye book:
 -Sister "wait, I want that"
 -Sister spills chocolate sauce on her new shirt
 -Sister with a Guns and Roses shirt that doesn't even like that band
 -Sister hookin up homies with hot chicks (yo sistas back home... you guys are those hot chicks and still a hot commodity out here) 
 -Sister "throws back" kids champagne like it's a party
 -Sister Poli-fever  
 -Sister raised by Wu-Tang
 -Sister "wait, that sounds awesome."
 -Sister "hot and fresh out the kitchen"
OR
 -Sister "wait, do I have something in my teeth??"

No comments:

Post a Comment