Saturday, August 24, 2013

Leiria WEEK 2

Making Progress


We're gettin somewhere out here.... my comp thinks I'm funny!!! And not only that, but she said I was THE funniet companion she's ever had.. can I get an ooo OOO!??


This week we were doing procurar in the park, finding new investigators, and this guy approached us.. okay this never happens.. we were pumped! his names Antonio and he seems really interested so we start talking to him and decide to sit on this bench with him.. he sits down literally on top of Sister Lofgreen.. so she scoots over.. so does he.. she scoots again... so does he... she scoots again- literally on top of me at this point.. here comes antonio... one more time i scoot as much as i can, at this point I'm on the arm rest.. she scoots... he scoots again.. okay really? Then for the first time on the mission I had to teach that we fold our arms when we pray so he would take his arm off of her hahaha i was dying. so we hurry and prayed and marked for another day when we could have a member present, maybe Pablo who used to own a fight club.. Then we ditch, go to the other side of the park to wait for our other investigator. a few minutes later we notice Antonio is circling us.. 

uh... then he comes over and warns us to be careful because there's been a lot of assault in the neighborhood.. okay thanks. He leaves, starts circling us again.. comes back over and warns us of the gypsies and tells us that they aren't as hungry as they say they are... okay thanks... Finally our investigator showed up and we started teaching him, halfway through the lesson i looked up and noticed Antonio stopped circling us but was still just staring at us! When I looked at him he totally pulled a Molly Ringwald from 16 Candles move, when Jake catches her staring at him in class and she just awkwardly turns around (Baylie Goucher i know you know exactly what I'm talking about here!) haha so ridiculous.

 
Our next lesson with him, we couldn't get a member there so we just made sure to do it in public haha but we marked him for baptism! For the 30th of August! And he came to church yesterday.. but during the Gospel Principles class, he sat next to Sister Lofgreen and literally was just turned and staring at her the whole time. Pablo asked if Sister Lofgreen will just give the class next time so he will for sure be paying attention hahaha

Oh sister Blanco called me again last night, seriously it's the best to have her as my leader :) but she told me about all my old investigators and that in church they called Alberto up to share his testimony and he didn't know what that was so  he just started said a prayer! ohhh he is so cute and she told me in every single prayer he never forgets to pray for me, "his irma in Leiria" oh minha coraçao! tenho tanto suadades de todo mundo em Caldas!



This week we had Zone training and interviews with the Presidente Fluckiger, he told me to plan on being here like 5 months.. so i guess ya'll can keep sendin letters to this address. 

Then the line of the week comes from Sister Fluckiger giving us a training on companionship interviews and how we need to talk openly with our comps

"I don't care if you're black and white! .... oh no that sounds a little racist..." hahaha 

and from Elder Williams

"yeah so we were fine nothing happened, oh except to the guy that got stabbed."


Oh my I am lovin life out here in Portugal! The mission is sooo good. Tough work, lots of walkin, but so worth it. So happy I'm here servin the Lord and alllll my irmaos in Portugal, whether they accept what I'm preachin or not. and I never want it to end! The Church is true! Miss you all!

 

Beijinhos e um forte abraço!

x o x o,

Sister Dumas

No comments:

Post a Comment