Sunday, August 11, 2013

ola familia e amigos

Can I just say one more time how much I LOVE being on a mission? it's literally sooo fun. and I can't believe today is starting my 6th week in the field. Transfers next week! stuppppid. but i'm like 99.9 percent positive i'm staying here with sister blanco

This week I figured out why we've been having soo much success. Our ringtone is this creepy slow childrens choir singing "come into the water...... Come into the water...... Follow Jesus Christ... to a better life..." haha i hate it. but it works apparently. and it's brain washing me it's constantly stuck in my head. 

If i have one suggestion for you parents... let the missionaries come do service! Honestly it's the highlight of the week when we get a service project! For this whole transfer we've been doing an extreme home yard makeover missionary edition. We have been helping this family once a week for at least 6 hours everytime and we're still not done. They are literally hoarders. its disgusting. Picture the show hoarders and then me cleaning it... Plus they have 4 pet geese roaming around and cats coming out theirs butts. Last week the elders found 2 dead cats just laying in the yard.  This week we got to demolish this little house in their backyard though and it was soo fun. but after you use the missionaries as your slaves.. feed them. thats the best part. 

I feel like the only new words I am learning in Portuguese is whatever I pick up from the Elders.. Aranha, Nigel (which isn't even portuguese), and padei. a.k.a spider, someone who is just so stupid- they compared smalls from Sandlot, and i farted. haha but at least I'm learning something. but it's getting easier to understand. I can understand almost everything the american elders say, 3/4 of what is said during church and...... like 1/8 of what the people on the streets say... but it's coming. 

I am about to lose it on all the flies in our kitchen though! This week we had to give the flies a Lei de Castidade lesson. (law of chastity) haha. its so sick. I really think they are satan though because they are just flying around the kitchen and then right when we go to start studying they attack and start flying around my head and breaking the law of chastity on my scriptures. Sai moscas!!  

Yesterday we started our first music class. oh my. LOL. It started out as a fail, no one showed up so elder Barton taught us missionaries, 45 minutes later Yan, Valentim and Joao came... that's where the LOL comes in. they could not grasp the concept of why notes are held for 2 counts instead of 1 and it was sooo funny. but now i know how to lead music :)

The other day elder Barton asked me for my picture book i have with all the pics of everyone from home and was like okay thanks i'll give it back on sunday... okay why does he want that all weekend? Then this weekend we had a picnic in Peniche with our whole branch and the DLs group, it was a sardenada... or something with a lot of sardines. but it was so fun. we played capture the flag and it got intense. i have some battle wounds. but the whole day Elder Barton kept saying "Sister Dumas. Referencias" what? are you telling me I need to be asking everyone here for references? I could not figure it out.. then finally he said "References. it's how you find people to teach. It's also how you find someone to marry." ohhhhh now it makes sense. thats why he was demanding my pictures. So some of you lucky ladies... the elders have been studying my pictures and some of you may be getting letters this week ;) Today we are going to go through details, like you do with any reference. how did you meet them? what are their beliefs? what do they like? all that. and we already went through the section in Preach My Gospel on references.. Contact within 24 hours, see if they know anyone else who would be interested, make a return appointment, all that jazz. haha. so be expecting letters!

Syd guns or allie or someone... Does anyone remember the rules to scatter ball? i wanna play it next P day.... help a sista out! 

Ate proxima semana! the church is true! LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL 
beijinhos xoxoxo
Sister Dumas 

No comments:

Post a Comment