Sunday, August 11, 2013

transfers.........

Well. I got transferred. :( wahhhhh! I am so sad. We didnt see it coming at all! I was not ready to leave Caldas, the work was going so great, I had a baptism on Saturday and I was having SO MUCH FUN. 
(seriously I never knew missions could be so fun.) 
butttt yesterday we got the phone call that I was being transferred to Leiria. Me and my new comp, Sister Lofgreen would be white washing the area. Not only white washing, but me and her are replacing 4 elders! This area is HUGE. literally like 5 times the size of my last area that had 6 of us missionaries in one branch. It is going to be a LOT of work. but it will be good. Whip me into shape, make sure i'm not a fubeca. Sister Blanco kept saying it's cause our Presidente has a lot of trust in me.... I think he might be going crazy.. I've only been here 6 weeks! this is my second white wash! I dont know portuguese! I didnt even finish the 12 week training! but it's all in the Lords will. "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord" has been my motto. for the last couple months. and I just have to always remember that. I'm soo sad to leave Caldas,) but I'm ready to get work done in Leiria.

I'm gonna miss Sis Blanco calling me Duminhas (if you add -inha to the end of any word it makes it little like tchau is bye, but tchauzinha is little good bye, like too-da-loo haha) but the good news is she is now the Sister training leader so I get to do divisions with her! and she can call me whenever she wants :) 

Well my new area.. Its beautiful! no graffiti and way more city ish. The view out my window is a castle... so that's reallly cool. I'm in a ward with 80 members that 70% are all related, the ward mission leader will feed us every week and insist that we speak english in their house.. HOLLA! and my new comp is a fellow Aggie! All my other Aggies out there can i get a dun... dun... dun.. dun... show me the scottsman who doesnÂșt love the thistle! okay i dont have time to type it all but you know imma be whippin that out every day! Morning prayer, The Scottsman, get ready, The Scottsman Personal Study, The Scottsman, Comp study, The Scottsman, so on and so forth.

Well my last week in Caldas was great. Until I walked out of the bathroom and was talking to Elders Carling and Barton and like 5 minutes later sis blanco comes over and slyly pulls on my skirt and elder barton was like yeah... your skirt was tucked in your garments.... k really.... que vergonha para me! And the thing is, that's not the first G-flash i've let out.. this wind plus skirts is NOT good. Literally uncontrollable, but YOLO. poor elders. #sorryboutit but other than that this week was great. We committed Antonio to be baptized this Saturday and in every lesson after that all he wanted to do was plan his baptism.. woahhh there, we've got commandments to be teachin ya! 
Then we had a lesson with Yan and Valentim which is always frustrating because Valentim will not read the Book of Mormon, repeats the same questions every lesson and will NOT let us answer before he asks the next question.. but this time was especially bad. we were all getting so frustrated, but trying to be patient and keep the spirit there, I was about ready to give up and then Elder Barton pulled it all back together by pulling out a picture of Joseph Smiths First Vision and testified to Yan and Valentim that he knows if they will finally just pray about Joseph Smith, they will get an answer. if the answer is no, then we're all liars. but I promise you you will receive an answer. and I promise it will be yes, because it was a yes for me. Then he pointed to each one of us.. it was a yes for sister Blanco. it was a yes for Elder Santos, it was a yes for Sister Dumas... When he pointed at me and said that, The spirit hit me so strong. He was right. My answer was yes. It was so amazing. The church is true!

I am so grateful to be here in Portugal spreading this restored gospel to all my brothers and sisters. Whether it's in Caldas or Leiria or wherever I'm going next. The church is true. love and miss you all.

xoxo, 
Sister Dumas 

New address: errybody write me! 

Sister Kristen Dumas
Edificio Maringa, Torre 2, 9Âș E
2400-118
Leiria, Portugal  

No comments:

Post a Comment